Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Manti Temple

Stained Glass Manti Temple



Trees in front of the temple
I finally finished it!  After a long and time consuming marathon of stained glass, I was finally able to finish the stained glass picture of the LDS Manti Temple.  This beauty took over 80 hours of work, but I was able to get it done in about a month.  The temple is made of light sconces I melted flat, the windows, roof, and trees are also recycled bottles I melted flat.  The sky and grass are made of salvaged stained glass I bought.  Even the frame is made of salvaged molding. 




Manti Temple west tower with light rays

This is by far the biggest, most difficult, and most rewarding piece I have made so far.  It has just over 500 pieces in it. 
Unfortunately there is no income off of this one; it was a wedding present for my brother-in-law and his new wife…they had better like it ;)  I hope to be able to start making more large pictures like this one soon.



1 comment:

  1. I just can't get over how gorgeous this turned out. It absolutely took my breath away. You will get rich making these babies.

    ReplyDelete